Microsoft Surface Portfolio
Discover Surface Devices
Protect your Microsoft Surface investment
Microsoft’s Surface Standard Warranty
With the standard limited hardware warranty, you’ll receive
- Access to Microsoft’s robust online support articles and community
- One-year warranty for hardware defects and malfunctions
- 90 days of technical support for preinstalled software from the support experts at Microsoft
- Ongoing technical support: You can contact Microsoft Support with your questions even after your warranty runs out (fees may apply)
Maximize your investment with services that help you with every stage of support you might need for your Surface devices.
Cover your devices against unintended mechanical failure.
A replacement device will be shipped to your premises before you return the defective device.
- 1: For Extended Hardware Service, Complete for Business, Complete for Business with Drive (SSD) Retention, & Complete for Business Plus – please reference T&Cs for the limit of liability
- 2: Advanced Exchange Service is available at no additional charge with the Manufacturer Hardware Warranty for commercial Surface Pro 6, Pro 7, Pro 7+ and X for Business, commercial Surface Laptop 2 and Laptop 3 for Business, commercial Surface Book 3 for Business, commercial Surface Go 2 for Business, and commercial Surface Laptop Go for Business. Advanced Exchange is only available in supported markets. Restrictions apply. See Surface for Business warranty page for AES terms and conditions and list of supported markets.
Warranty EHS & EHS+
- Standard warranty = 2 years
- EHS provides an extension of 1 or 2 years (so total of 3 of 4 years)
- Advanced exchange
- New option now = “PLUS”
- Next business day
- SSD retention
- You can check the status of a warranty based on serial number via: https://aka.ms/surfacewarrantycheck